Buy a House
Doing everything we can to help you buy a home… except pack your boxes!
Life is busy, but moving into a new home makes it busier! As exciting as it is to buy a house and experience new neighbors, new surroundings and even, new furniture, it can be stressful and overwhelming. While we can’t help you pack, we can help you get a mortgage that fits your budget and goals and closes on time for moving day!
If you are new to the home buying process or need a refresher – we suggest you take a few minutes to review the next two tabs. We’re ready to help you during every phase of the home financing process, from application to funding. Our goal is to provide a truly rewarding home buying experience that gets you to the closing table quickly, with minimal hassle.
How much home can I afford?
A powerful tool for homebuyers, a pre-approval tells home sellers your financing is certain, which strengthens your negotiating power. Our pre-approval also saves you time because you can look just at homes that fit your price range.
Can I get my loan approved before I start shopping for a home?
Yes! We offer both pre-qualification and pre-approval services. If you’re looking for the timely route to closing, our pre-approval program helps get the paperwork out of the way first. Once you’re pre-approved, you’ll have a real advantage over others in a hot real estate market and sellers will know you’re serious! Pre-approval also means you can focus on the enjoyment of shopping for a home.
Get Financial Documents Orgainized
Buying your first home is a huge milestone and joyous occasion. It’s more than just purchasing a house, it’s finding a place to create memories and enjoy life. It is also one of the wisest financial decisions you can make; historically, real estate has been one of the greatest assets to own.
If you are buying or refinancing a home, you will need the following documents:
- If you are salaried – two years W-2 and one month of paystubs.
- If you are self-employed – two years tax returns and a YTD profit and loss statement.
- To keep the loan process on schedule, it would be helpful to provide two most recent months bank statements for each bank (checking, savings, money market, CD), stock and mutual fund account (include all pages of the statement, even if there are blank pages).
- Recent copies of any stock brokerage or IRA/401K accounts (include all pages of the statement, even if there are blank pages).
- If you are applying for a cash-out refinance, a letter explaining your intent for the money needs to be provided.
- A copy of divorce decree (when applicable).
Become Qualified for a Loan
When searching for your new home, it is important to become pre-approved for many different reasons…
- Know how much house you can afford so that you do not waste precious time looking at properties that are not within your range.
- Being pre-approved gives you the negotiating power you may need, plus it lets the seller know that you are already approved and serious about purchasing a home.
- Your loan closes more quickly as it is already approved.
- With our Automated Underwriting process, our loan consultants are able to approve your loan on the spot or within 24 hours. (Approval may be contingent upon appraisal and other required documentation).
Receive Loan Approval
Once you have completely filled out your loan application, we will begin the loan approval process, which includes researching the following:
- Credit history.
- Employment history.
- Assets including your bank accounts, stocks, mutual fund and retirement accounts.
- Property value.
Consultative Approach: We listen to your needs
We will always take a consultative approach to your loan, explaining the many scenarios that may assist you in achieving your short and long term financial goals. We understand the importance of matching customers with the right mortgage and will go the extra mile to ensure your loan program makes the very best sense for you.
Residential Mortgage Loan Originators with years of experience and knowledge
Delivering efficient, affordable lending solutions to Houston’s homebuyers is a goal shared by everyone at Gibraltar. We’re dedicated to our borrowers, and work together to provide the home loan options and customer service you deserve. You’re assured of a home financing experience that will exceed your expectations from start to finish.
Many types of mortgages for all types of homes – and home buyers!
We have hundreds of loan programs for you, but some may be better choices, based on your budget, lifestyle and goals. Our Residential Mortgage Loan Originators ask questions and listen. Only then do they walk you through loan choices and suggest options. Many of our Residential Mortgage Loan Originators are homeowners themselves and understand the importance of matching customers with the right mortgage.